Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hamburger Clause


At my School we had Christmas parties on Christmas Eve, this was easy since we had classes scheduled until 9:30pm on Christmas Eve...

Anyway I dressed up as Santa Clause and Handed out Hamburgers to the kids. I named myself Hamburger Clause and it seemed to get a good reception from the kids. We got the hamburgers delivered from Lotteria(the Korean Mc Donald's). The kids didn't seem to think it was strange that there Christmas presents were hamburgers, I guess kids always want hamburgers! Every class I grabbed my red sack full of Hamburgers(it needs to be mentioned that I am a vegetarian!!) and handed one out to each regardless if they had been naughty or nice. I handed out around 250 hamburgers that day!

I also had parties in my classes this day and I bought the kids Coke to go with the burgers and they brought in chips and other snacks. We just played games all class long. I bought fries for my older kids and we played scrabble, the kids played in teams of 2-3 and got 10 letters and I get 6, they usually beat me so this seems to be a fair handicap for me. I also got to pass out candy canes with little presents attached to them that my mom shipped me from the states. The kids loved them,thanks Mom!

It was a lot of fun to dress up as Santa Clause and the kids got a kick out of it,it was also a good use of my beard.