Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Christmas Day


Christmas is a celebrated holiday here in Korea, the most popular religion is Christianity here. It's not as big of a deal as it is in the States though. No one gets Christmas Eve off here and most of the shops and restaurants are open on Christmas day here. Since I just had 1 day off I decided to celebrate it with a couple dozen of my fellow English teachers. I called my family during their celebration and sent a few emails to friends too. At noon I went over to a couples apartment and we had a Christmas potluck party about 15 people attended. We all brought a dish, I brought Kraft Mac n Cheese and we had a random $5 gift exchange. This lasted until about 7 or 8pm.

I left around 6 pm though to meet another 15 friends at a Microbrewery/Buffet Restaurant called the Tomato Brau. It's a great place it costs $18 and it has all the Micro brewed beer you can drink, theres a stout(dark beer), a wiezen(brown beer) and a pilsner(yellow beer) the beer is delicious! The buffet is really good too, they have lots of Seafood,even good sushi and sashimi. There is steak,pasta, fries,nachos,salad bar,deserts and much more. We stayed there until 10pm and then I went home and went to bed since I had to go to work the next day. We go to the Tomato Brau a lot and usually we stay until midnight and drink all the free beer we can but it was Christmas. It was a good Christmas but I missed my family.